okay....another round of things I'm loving this day. Tuesday, Oct 6.
1. pumpkins. I have SO much fun searching the bins to find the best ones, with the best stems. Jon was quite the trooper as I told him, that one! To which he just looked at me as if to say, are you serious? I mean...seriously?!? But he just gently shook his head as he dug deeper & deeper, tossing me pumpkins to throw into the other bin to unearth this beauty with the perfectly curly stem (which is all I saw of it when I exclaimed that it had to be mine!)
2. letters from my Grandma. I love her. <3 <3 <3
3. Halloween costumes. I love talking with the kids and listing off ideas, brainstorming costumes, etc. Its a BIG decision you know.
I SOOOOO badly want Xander to be Max from Where the Wild Things are
photo cred. (isn't it perfect?! she made this for her son! swoon!!!)
but he is dead set on this fellow.
which WILL be fun to make...
4. my new boots. I've been on a quest for YEARS trying to find great boots. Not too high, not too low. Comfortable yet super stylish. Well my friends, I've found them. And at quite a steal, I might add!
5. coffee mate. oh world, this starts my day off right. A great cup of starbucks coffee with a pour of coffee mate? bliss. And right now, there are SO many varieties that sound SOOO delish, I literally have 5 open containers in my fridge right now. And I fully intend to go out and get another as I heard from a friend that my fav, Peppermint Mocha, has hit the shelves. YUM.
6. International orders. I shipped off two items from my etsy shop to France and Australia. SO crazy to think that these little lovelies that I made are seeing the sights in such beautiful, far away places [especially since I've never even left the country].
7. our new chair. oh goodness. I actually gasped and pointed when I saw this beauty at a Savers in Tucson a few weeks ago. and it was just $15!!! such amazing lines, construction super sturdy and custom reupholstering from Macy's New York. LOVE.
and you can bet that you'll be seeing it make its way into some photo shoots (already used it once last week...)
8. Infinite Aloe. As the weather changes, this stuff keeps my skin soft and smooth [and as an added bonus, it improves the elasticity in skin -- ie: amazing for stretch marks..seriously, within DAYS.]. Such a lovely gift from my mom. :)
10. my mama. super obvious, I know. But I just love her. and its just so nice that she's a phone call away. This morning I called her just to get a second opinion if I should keep Evie home today. Evie had a pretty wicked cough yesterday (sounds like allergies), but she went to bed with a slight fever and crawled in my bed this morning at 5:20 sniffling and felt warm. And you know school policy is to keep them home for 24 hours fever free. But she's acting totally fine. So I just needed to use her as a sounding board.
And yes. We kept her home. :) just to be safe.
Have a beautiful Tuesday..